Olympic Champion Cox - Men's 8

Olympic Champion Cox - Men's 8
OLYMPIC CHAMPIONS!!!!

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Finals Stage is Set

As I write this I am sitting in my hotel room taking a look over the results from the finals run during this mornings session and the first race that I looked at was our Men's Pair of Scott Frandsen and Dave Calder and they won!!! Now I'm wishing that I hadn't been taking a nap while their race was on, but I needed to focus on my own race later today.
That is amazing news and a great confidence builder for our entire heavy men's squad telling us that we are on the right track going forward to the Olympics. If you remember my blogs from April/May you will remember that Scott narrowly missed making the Men's Eight, but he has certainly made the most of his opportunity in the pair. I'm really proud of those guys!

The finals for the Eight are below. As was the case for the Heat, we expect China & Aus to go hard out of the blocks but it is important for us to stay on task and race our race. Should be fun :)
Here is the lineup from lane 1 to lane 6

Poland, Great Britain, Australia, Canada, China, Germany

Here is a picture of us from the Heat at about 1100m into the race. You can see China's bow to my right. We have nearly a full boat length at this point. The white buoys line up across the course, that is how i can tell

No comments: