Olympic Champion Cox - Men's 8

Olympic Champion Cox - Men's 8
OLYMPIC CHAMPIONS!!!!

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Beijing sendoff

On Sunday we had a great send-off here in Victoria hosted by Pacific Sport for all of the athletes from the greater Victoria area that are attending the 2008 Olympics. Can you believe that there were 41 athletes in total!! I was impressed!

The local fire dept got things started off with a pancake
breakfast for $2 and there was the local "street band" entertaining everyone. All the athletes gathered for the official march to the stage by two Chinese dragon dancers. I was surprised at how many people turned out to see us all. Once up on stage we were all introduced and welcomed by the crowd.
Pacific Sport had made up trading cards of us all and the kids were coming around to us getting them signed.
All in all a great morning and a good time. Brianna (my daughter) was up on stage with me for a bit, then got scared and I had to hand her back off to my wife Robbi at the side of the stage.

Here is a picture of my trading card, front & back.


I might be getting some extras soon so if you want one sent for you or your kids, let me know and Robbi should be able to send it in the mail as I will be away in Japan.


No comments: